Thursday, October 15, 2015

Another Great H&M Collaboration - BALMAIN X

 

With all the collaborations happening these days with various stores, we can get lost in confusion over some and fall in love with others.  The ones we love sell out almost immediately and those that are ho hum we wonder why there was even a line made.
 
H&M is well known for some amazing designer collaborations which are always eagerly anticipated every year.  The company has previously worked with many beloved designers including Alexander Wang, Stella McCartney and Karl Lagerfeld. 
 
I finally have seen the entire line (which makes its debut on November 5th in roughly 250 H&M stores) and all I can say is WOW!!  I wish I were rich to buy multiples of all my favorites!!
 
While I don't have any pricing, it is noted that Balmain's military-inspired looks can command four-figure price tags, and H&M's past designer collaborations have offered accessories based as low as $10, T-shirts for around $30 and higher-prices pieces like jackets starting at around $250.  I believe my Stella McCartney summer wool blend wide leg pants were either $70 or $80.  I still have my Stella McCartney wide leg pants from the H&M store in NYC that my awesome friend, Heather Finn, grabbed for me when she went on opening day (needless to say there was not an H&M store in my state at the time).  Thanks Heather so much my wonderful pants!!
 
I will say this - do NOT assume that this line will be relatively cheap or even remotely moderately and reasonably priced - even for  H&M.  Why?  Well for starters, the limited edition dress worn by Gigi (see photo below) cost a whopping £399 or $618US ... YIKES!!

 Gigi Hadid Credit: Rex 

Pierre Balmain is a very popular Haute Couture designer.   Balmain's creative director, Olivier Rousteing often arrives to award shows with Kendall Jenner on his arm.  Olivier has stated that he spent just as much time designing this line as he does on his main collection as he wanted everything to be 'perfect'.  




 

 
The above were the released promo teaser photos announcing the Balmain X & H&M line.
Doesn't Kendall look amazing in every outfit they have her in?

Well without further ramblings, I will give you some amazing eye candy in FASHION - here is the BALMAIN X & H&M Collaboration!!


 
      

     

 
  

   

 


   

   

   

 




   

    

    


The Balmain X & H&M Collection pieces are made with luxurious satins and embellished with signature trims of pearls, ropes and gold embroidery.  They are re-imaging of Balmain's classic red carpet pieces and like all Balmain's pieces, are structured and tailored to emphasize the female form.
 
Whether you can actually afford to buy any of the accessories, clothing or shoes from this collaboration, if there is an H&M store near you carrying the line, it probably would be an adventure just in going to see and feel the various pieces from Balmain X collection - maybe even try on a few pieces just for the heck of it.  I will be checking to see if there will be a store near me that will carry some of the pieces as I see so many pieces that I would love to updated my wardrobe with - but with prices like the dress Gigi wore - I doubt I'll be able to even afford a blouse or the shoes ... sigh....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment