Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Little Sprouts Day School Vestavia, AL - Please Vote

I opened my daycare on July 19, 2011.  It's been a slow start but we are fortunate to have approximately 8 to 12 kids.

Here is the gist... the space I rented was previously a daycare.  My son attended there almost a year.  I didn't like the previous owners, the place was dirty and they didn't give anything hardly for the money charged - even the food was bad that most of the kids rather just go hungry than eat.

We left and months later discovered there were all sorts of issues going on - financially, business wise as well as fire system not up-to-date (not working at all), etc.  Then the previous owners were served with eviction papers and default documents.  It's not like they didn't know this was happening, just refused to acknowledge the issues from what I understand.

Well the day the old daycare owners were served, they decided to be mean and throw all the children's belongings into the street - literally.  The news came out and showed all the kids stuff sitting out on the sidewalk.  No notice to the staff or parents.  Just we are closed don't bother returning.

Well I got with the leasing manager and got in touch with the former staff and asked if they would be interested in work IF I could open the center back up.  They were able to reach some of the parents and after 6 weeks of working on licensing, cleaning the place from top to bottom, painting the center, finding and purchasing new equipment - I was able to open on July 19, 2011.  Woo Hoo.

Now I need YOUR HELP to get the word out that I'm open and to help me win some MONEY to add to the little bit of working capital I have left.  So please spread the word and get your friends to vote for me - please.

No comments:

Post a Comment